Tuesday, June 07, 2005

The Second Date Jinx

Remember how I'm always saying that I hardly ever make it to the second date and if I do then, based on my history thus far, it's likely to turn into some kind of relationship? Well, looks like there will be no second date for me and the "first Michael", you know, the dude I had a first date with last week. We had texted and IMed each other several times since our first date and finally, yesterday during our latest round of IM, I decided to just come out with it:

therealsaturn: so, when is our second date?
thefirstmichael : wow tahts forward
thefirstmichael : um, i dunno, honestly, i think its too soon after my 6 year relationship fell apart, and i decided this weekend i am not dating currently, i am too damaged
thefirstmichael : sorry.i feel like an ass.
therealsaturn: no sparks, eh?
thefirstmichael : its not that, its just that i am not ready for anything yet...
therealsaturn: ok
therealsaturn: i still want my cd though J


... and we continued to talk about being friends and hanging out blah blah blah. Like I said in my previous post, no big deal, he's a cool guy and I'm sure we'll stay in touch and possibly even get to know each other, but this only goes 2 further prove my second date jinx. It never happens!

Elsewhere in the world, Mr. Tongue Jockey from last week, the one who said he would call me back and never did? Well, I've run into him ... twice. He's up for another kiss but I think that's about it. After talking with him extensively, he's not the dating type, if U know what I mean.

And then there's the guy from last month who I had a first date with. Damn, he is jocking me hard and I'm so over it already!

Will the stars ever align on the right boy at the right place at the right time or am I cosmic joke?

"All the things that a human has 2 go through in a planet that's so bitter and cold. Universal love awaits U baby, all U got 2 say is that U really really really want 2 go and we're outta here!" - Prince, Space (Universal Love Remix)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home